Products for OEM-Sponsored Race Teams and Custom, High-Profile Show Cars
If you race at night and plan to be in the lead, you’ll definitely want auto-dimming mirrors. Our interior and exterior auto-dimming mirrors use a combination of sophisticated light sensors, complex chemistry, and microprocessor-based algorithms to automatically detect and eliminate glare from trailing vehicle headlamps.
rear vision systems/full display mirrors™
Full Mirror Display Specs
- LCD – aSi-TFT-LCD, IPS
- 1280x275 pixels
- 190 x 41 mm (171 ppi) active area
- 1500 cd/m2
- FPGA-based video processing done inside mirror
- LVDS or Coax connection to camera
- Approx. 40° horizontal displayed for near 2x traditional mirror
- Rugged, custom-machined aluminum mirror/display housing
No rear window? No worries. Our Full Display Mirror (FDM™) system consists of a custom, high-dynamic-range imager that captures video of the vehicle’s rearward view and streams it to a unique mirror-integrated display. The FDM can function either as a standard mirror or a clear, bright, panoramic display with an unobstructed rearward view.
· WVGA 752 x 480 pixels; each pixel determines its own exposure
· Bayer RGGB color filter array
· 130+ dB dynamic range within a single frame
· 60 fps for display image
· Rolling shutter exposure control
· Configurable geometry and timing
· 43.4° degree horizontal FOV lens; f/1.5
Gentex designs and manufactures custom imagers for automotive machine vision and video applications. As part of an FDM system, we provide a high-dynamic-range imager with pixel-level intelligence and custom image-processing software that combine to provide unprecedented rearward vision, day or night.
Racing at night requires maximum forward lighting. Our mirror-mount-integrated forward vision system optimizes any forward lighting solution. SmartBeam can control automatic high-beam on/off, dynamic forward lighting, LED matrix beams or laser headlamps.